Welcome to TCAT McKenzie
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology McKenzie is accredited by: Commission of the Council on Occupational Education and is a Tennessee Board of Regents Institution.
Hours of Operation: 7:30-4:00
Class Hours: 7:45-2:25
The Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology serve as the premier suppliers of workforce development throughout the State of Tennessee. The Colleges fulfill their mission by:
Providing competency-based training through superior quality, traditional and distance learning instruction methods that qualify completers for employment
and job advancement;
- Contributing to the economic and community development of the communities served by training and retraining employed workers;
- Ensuring that programs and services are economical and accessible to all residents of Tennessee; and
- Building relationships of trust with community, business, and industry leaders to supply highly skilled workers in areas of need.
The vision of the Tennessee College of Applied Technology McKenzie is to be the recognized leader in work-force development and the first source of contact for acquiring the highest qualified and skilled workers. This vision will be attained by:
• Being a working partner with area industry in providing training designed to meet the needs of the 21st century.
• Being supportive of students by providing them with the highest quality training opportunities.
• Being effective in providing students the knowledge, skills, and abilities to be successful.
• Assuring a positive, supportive learning environment in which every student can achieve their personal best, demonstrated by their performance.
• Working with other area educational institutions, especially the public schools, and Jackson State Community College, to provide seamless articulation of learning.
• Being supportive of faculty and staff and providing them with continuing opportunities to improve their professional expertise and excel in their work.
The Council on Occupational Education (COE), originally founded in 1971 as a regional accrediting agency of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, is the successor to the Commission on Occupational Education Institutions (COEI). In 1995, the Council became a national accrediting agency. In 2006, the Council celebrated its 35th year of assuring quality and integrity in career and technical education. The Council's accreditation process is conducted on behalf of more than 181,000 students across the nation who pursue careers in a variety of technical fields.
All Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology hold membership in the accrediting commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) and are accredited by this agency.
Council on Occupational Education
7840 Roswell Road, Building 300 Suite 325
Atlanta, GA 30350
For more information please follow the link below:
Check us out on Facebook.